The London VMware Users Group (VMUG) is taking place this week (Thursday 19th July) and EMC will be providing hands on labs (HOLS) for attendees throughout the day. This is an excellent opportunity to gain some hands on time to try out and learn with VMware integrated EMC products in a relaxed, non-production environment. The beauty of these HOLS is that they are self paced whilst you follow the easy to follow steps outlined in the lab guide, and it doesn’t matter if you break anything inside the lab as you are playing in your own dedicated virtual sandbox. So no need to try and learn or tryout a new product in a production environment which almost always ends up in tears!
EMC Hands on Labs – simply BYO Laptop
If you will be attending the London VMUG and want to get some hands on time with the EMC labs then simply just bring along your own laptop. Myself and some of my fellow EMC vGeeks will have you up and running with your own EMC HOL in no time, it couldn’t be simpler!
EMC Hands on Labs – What Labs Will Be Available?
We will be offering a number of our popular labs, including:
- VMware VAAI with EMC VNX
- EMC Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI) Plug-in for VMware vSphere
- EMC VPLEX
- EMC VNXe Management
- ProSphere Storage Resource Management
If there are any EMC products you’d like to get some hands on time with at the July London VMUG then please drop me a line (simon at techhead dot co dot uk) before Thursday (19th July 2012) and I’ll see what I can arrange for you. Happy to help.
What Else Can I Expect from the July London VMUG?
If you’ve never attended a VMware Users Group before then I highly recommend you track down your next local VMUG and head along, as it an excellent opportunity to find out some of the latest VMware related news and information from VMware, partners and also your IT peers.
This upcoming London VMUG (register here) is no exception with some excellent presentations, and of course the EMC Hands on Labs which will run throughout the day.
Here is a list of the London VMUGs July highlight:
- EMC Hands on Labs throughout the Day
- Martyn Storey – VMware NDA* Roadmap Session
- Lee Dilworth – VMware Availability Update: vSphere Replication, Stretched Clusters and BCDR
- Centrix Software Presentation
- Fusion-IO Presentation
- Whiptail Presentation
- Darren Woollard and Gregg Robertson – vSphere Nerdknobs
- Chris Evans – The Storage Architect’s View
- Chris Gale – Fusion-IO More Desktops. More Virtual Machines. More Data-Intensive Applications. Faster. Cheaper. Simpler.
- Matt Northam and Simon Hansford – Government Can Run vCloud, How Skyscape Did It
- PLEASE NOTE: Entrance to the NDA session is strictly dependent upon the following criteria: Signed, personal NDA; Photo ID and proof of where you work; not working for a vendor, partner, or competitor
- If you’d like to attend the July London VMUG
London VMUG Details + vBeers!
To register for the July London VMUG click here (do this sooner rather than later as seats are limited). Below are the details of the VMUG and, as always, there will be a vBeers after the VMUG, which is a great opportunity to meet and network with your peers. Also, check out vBeers.org for any of vBeers events happening in your area – they are a lot of fun.
Thursday, 19 July, 2012
Meeting: 08:30 – 17:15
London Chamber of Commerce and Industry
33 Queen Street
London, EC4R 1AP
Click here for directions
23 Watling Street, EC4M 9BR
Hope you can make it to the July London VMUG – see you there!!!