In episode #45, David and I talk about Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Crypto-mining and what I have learnt whilst getting my own crypto-mining rig up and running.
In this vChat episode we cover the following topics:
- What are blockchain, cryptocurrency, bitcoin, and Ethereum?
- Why are you mining ?
- What does it take to mine?
- How do you balance the cost vs the return?
- Why an open rig?
- What kind of GPU, CPU, Memory, and disk do you have? And why?
- What OS and app in the OS?
Determine the real-time profitability of mining a particular crypto-coin:
Crypto News Sites:
vChat is a regular virtualization video chat covering General Tech, VMware vSphere, Cloud Computing, Virtualization News, and maybe some geeky humour. Regular contributors are 2 vExperts – Simon Seagrave (TechHead.co), and David Davis (VMwareVideos.com).
You can now SUBSCRIBE TO VCHAT on iTunes!