Tonight (Thursday 9th July) see’s the first ever TechCrunch Europe award ceremony to celebrate and recognise European technology start-ups along with Internet and mobile innovations for the past year.
TechHead is fortunate to have a ticket and is looking forward to attending’ The Europa’s to experience this TechCrunch awards first. Although a slight deviation from TechHead’s usual focus on enterprise server technologies and virtualization the area of internet based innovation is an area that has always been of great interest due to it’s rich diversity of unique and innovative ideas.
Over the past few years Europe has seen it’s fair share of internet based companies, established and start-up, offering popular quality services such as streaming on-demand music (Spotify), live and on-demand online/mobile video (Kyte) and a Twitter popular links aggregator (Tweetmeme) to name just a few.
The companies in the following award categories have been voted on by the tech community with the final decision being based on results from these public online votes and The Europas Advisory Board.
- Best European Web Application Or Service
- Best Design
- Best Bootstrapped Startup (less than 3 years old)
- Best Social Innovation (which benefits society)
- Best Enterprise Startup
- Best Cleantech/Environmental Startup
- Best Hardware / Real World Gadget
- Best Entertainment Application or Service
- Best Mobile Startup
- Best Mobile Application
- Best Startup Founder
- Best New Startup in 2008/9
- Best European Investor of the Year (VC or Angel fund)
- Best Investor Personality
- Best Overall Winner
I will report back to how the event went including photos.