In vChat Episode 22 (aka “the late one”) David Davis, Eric Siebert and myself talk about a range of different tech and VMware related topics. It’s been a while since our last vChat and things weren’t helped by my taking ages to edit this episode – so apologies for the delay. Lesson Learnt: Never commit to editing videos when moving house and most of your things are in storage. Anyway, here are the topics we cover in this vGeek filled episode:
- VMworld Europe 2011 in Copenhagen including vSphere Client for iPad announced with vMotion and vCenter Operations Manager release at VMworld Europe
- VMworld 2012 in Barcelona
- Home Labs including HP Microserver, Iomega PX Series, and virtual vs physical
- VCP5 and how to prepare for it using TrainSignal’s vSphere 5 and Scott Lowe’s Mastering vSphere 5 book
- Last day to upgrade your VCP4 to the VCP5 is Feb 29
- Mike Laverick’s new SRM 5 book
- Duncan and Frank’s vSphere 5 Clustering Deepdive Book
- NEW VMware Press Books including Cody Bunch’s book on vCenter Orchestrator and Storage Design with vSphere
- Cisco Press book – Cloud Computing: Automating the Virtualized Data Center
- Top Virtualization Blog Voting – COMING SOON!
- iPhone 4S
- Apple Nano Watch with Lunatic Band
- Siri – John Briggs, UK Siri voice
- Reasons to go to vSphere 5
- vRAM Pooled Pricing & Cloud VM Pricing – article by David Davis “Chaotic Cloud Pricing and more!
vChat is a regular virtualization video chat covering VMware vSphere, Cloud Computing, Virtualization News, and maybe some geeky humor. Regular contributors are 3 vExperts – Simon Seagrave (TechHead.co.uk), Eric Siebert (vSphere-Land.com), and David Davis (VMwareVideos.com).
Sponsored by VMware vSphere Video Training from Train Signal.com
You can now SUBSCRIBE TO VCHAT on iTunes!