Following up on my recent post here which provides links to download your own free copy of the EMC VNX or Celerra Virtual Storage Appliance (VSA), here is another EMC product to download and try for free in your own lab environment. EMC ProSphere is a Cloud storage management solution that monitors and analyzes storage services in a virtualization infrastructure.
Through using ProSphere you can gain a detailed insight into the following areas of your storage:
- Capacity: Easily view capacity is being consumed on your storage.
- Issue Detection: Identify conditions that require your attention.
- Performance: View the performance trends of your storage.
Sound Good? Where can you download my own free copy of EMC ProSphere?
Before we move on to the download links I should point out that the only catch with this free downloadable version of EMC ProSphere is that it doesn’t come with any “Official” EMC support, although there is a healthy ProSphere community that can be found at this EMC ECN Community site where you’ll usually find someone who can assist you with any questions.
Download Link: The latest EMC ProSphere download can always be found at the “EMC ProSphere: Play-Learn-Try” page here.
Installing & Configuring EMC ProSphere
So once you’ve downloaded the relevant ProSphere files? Well, the good news is that there are a couple of easy to follow guides that will have you up and running with EMC ProSphere in no time.
Other Useful Links
- Check out these other useful ProSphere related links:
- Virtual Geek – EMC ProSphere 1.5 – Play, Learn,Try!
- Official EMC ProSphere site